MPLS stands for Multi-Protocol Label Switching is an advanced technology, used to streamline the overall network infrastructure with merging of multiple technologies. By implementing the MPLS technology, organizations can get rid of multiple, complex overlay networks. They are able to transport a variety of new applications over the network using voice, video and data.
MPLS Network Benefits
Global MPLS providers can let you enjoy several benefits.
- Cost saving: MPLS-based service can easily reduce the costs by 10 to 20 percent over comparable data service, depending on the specific mix of network configuration and applications. Because enterprises add video and voice tariff, they can easily save up to 40%.
- Improved Uptime: MPLS enables you to send data globally over an alternative path in less than 50 milliseconds. It reduces manual intervention of creating a WAN and also lowers the prospect of human error, thus brings down your circuit.
- Better Experience: By allowing MPLS, you can prioritize time-sensitive traffic like VoIP. MPLS provides you with different classes of service and enables you to apply separate settings to various types of traffic. So, it gives better experience to every individual.
- Improved Bandwidth Utilization: Besides the above context, MPLS allows multiple types of traffic on the same link. It enables high priority traffic to borrow capacity from the lower priority traffic streams whenever required. On the same way when the lower priority traffic is considered to burst beyond its usual amount of bandwidth, you can allow it to use any capacity which is not being used by the higher priority services.
- Unseen of Network Complexity: Choosing an MPLS connection between two sites can be configured to act like a long ethernet cable and thus, hides the network complexity from being seen. This is occasionally identified as VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Service).
- Improved performance: MPLS is majorly adopted for its ‘any-to-any’ nature. Network experts can lessen the number of ‘hops’ between network points, which further leads to translate directly to better response time and enhanced application performance.
- Disaster recovery: It is also a good option for disaster recovery. In fact, MPLS reforms the disaster recovery in many ways. First, center of data and other primary sites can easily be connected in multiply redundant ways to the cloud. Secondly, remote sites can easily reconnect to backup locations if required.
To conclude, there are a whole lot of benefits of implementing MPLS technology. Only thing is to find trusted global MPLS providers.
337 total views, 2 views today