The trouble of meningitis is currently going on increasing like anything and kids are mostly getting affected by the same. Commonest signs of meningitides that have been recognized recently are sudden high-fever, stiff neck, vomiting or nausea, severe or abnormal headache, difficulty in concentration or confusion, difficulty walking, sleepiness, light sensitivity, seizures, no thirst or appetite, skin rashes and others. Meningitis makes kids suffer the most and this is why it is your responsibility to take your kids to doctors for meningitis-preventing vaccination.
- Virus: Virus-causing meningitis is not that very severe rather it is comparatively milder. During early-fall and late-summer, enteroviruses attack causing virus-meningitis. Other essential viruses leading to meningitis are West-Nile virus, mumps, HIV and herpes-simplex virus.
- Bacteria: Bacteria pass-on to spinal-cord and brain via bloodstream. Sinus or ear-infection, any surgery or skull-fracture can be the leading causes for meningitis causing bacterial-infections. Some popular bacteria causing severe meningitis are pneumococcus, meningococcus, haemophilus and listeria.
- Fungi: Immune-deficiencies especially AIDs can be one of the probable causes of meningitis. Proper dosage of antifungal medicines should be taken on time for avoiding life-threatening situation.
- Slow-growing organism: Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a slow-growing organism and it mainly attacks fluid and membrane around brain causing chronic meningitis. Popular signs of chronic-meningitis are mental cloudiness, vomiting, fever and headaches.
- Other causes: Some commonest non-infectious causes are drug allergies, chemical reactions, inflammatory and caner-like diseases and others.
- Skipping scheduled-vaccination especially bexsero meningitis b vaccine can be quite risky for both adults and children.
- Listeriosis-bacteria exposure is experienced especially at the time of pregnancy. The bacteria often bring premature delivery, still birth or miscarriage.
- Children from child-care facilities or boarding-schools, personnel from military-based and college-students from dormitories are highly exposed towards meningococcal meningitis.
- Immunosuppressant-drug usage, diabetes, alcoholism, Aids and other related factors make your immunity weak as a result of which meningitis is invited. Spleen-removal can also be another vital cause of this disease.
When to visit a doctor?
Some of the typical signs of meningitis are fever, confusion, vomiting, stiff neck and fever and unrelenting headache. These initial signs are nothing but an indication of meningitis and thus you should visit your nearest doctor immediately. In case of bacterial meningitis, prompt antibiotic-treatments can prevent death or permanent damaging of brains. Medications can definitely prevent infections.
Meningitis should not be left untreated otherwise you might face dreadful consequences. You might even get exposed towards permanent neurological-damages and seizures. Only on-time bexsero vaccine can save you from unwanted complications of meningitis. Some more side-effects that are associated with the concerned disease are as follows:-
- Kidney failure.
- Gait problems.
- Brain damage.
- Learning disabilities.
- Memory loss.
- Hearing difficulty.
These complications can be now easily avoided with prompt treatments. In most of the cases, it has been found that under-20 children face meningitis. Recently, easy bexsero vaccine availability has reduced the chances of meningitis-complications to a great extent.
93 total views, 1 views today