Your sex life won’t be the same as it had been during 20s however, it can still be enjoyable. Sex is not only for youngsters but many aged people continue sexuality in their 80s and much more. It is advised to visit sexual health clinic in London to ensure better sex life which is good for your physical health and self-confidence.
Mean face several changes when they become old
Age is an important factor that reduces the testosterone level of men and brings change in their sexual activities. Some of these changes are:
- Requirement for better stimulation
- Short orgasms
- Less semen ejaculation
- More time needed for erection
You might face anxiety and nervousness about such changes but they do not end your sexual life. Try to adapt with the changes in your body to maintain enjoying and pleasurable sex.
Health issues for seniors during sex
Your health can influence your sexual life. If you are suffering from poor health condition like arthritis or heart disease, try to make your sex life more intimate and closer. Certain medications such as antihistamines, acid-blocking drugs blood pressure medications and antidepressants may affect their sexual life.
Both you and your partner can try different ways to adjust with your limitations. Are you concerned about enjoying sex after heart attack? If yes, then you should talk to your private doctors and know about the complications associated with it. There are different sex positions for arthritis pain or use heat to lessen the pain during intercourse. It is advised to remain positive and focus on different ways to make sex more comfortable for you as well as your partner.
Emotional issues and sexual life of aged people
Emotional matters can have a great impact on your sexual life, despite your age. Older couples seem to enjoy great satisfaction during sex because they get more time, enjoy their privacy and do not worry about getting pregnant. On the other hand, other aged people get stressed due to health matters, financial hurdles and changes in their lifestyle. Depression may be the reason for your lack of interest in sex. Thus, if you are under depression, talk to a good counselor to solve your worries.
Sexual tips for senior people
The desire of having sex with your better half may not be the same as it was during younger days. However, sex and intimate relationship can be enjoyable for maintaining better and healthy life. Check out some tips for seniors to enjoy their sex life.
- Discuss with your partner – It might be difficult for both of you to talk about sex. An open communication is always preferred to share your desires, needs and concerns for enjoying sex in a more intimate way.
- Consult a sex therapist – A sex therapist can help you and your partner with specific sexual concerns. Thus, both of you will be able to enjoy your sexual life in a pleasurable and satisfying way.
- Explain your sex definition – Sexual intercourse is the only way to enjoy satisfying sex life. Touch, kiss and other ways of contact can be rewarding for both of you. With age, you and your partner’s requirements will change and as such, both of you should look for other ways to have a pleasurable sexual life.
If you want to have an intimate relation with your new partner, it is advised to use a condom. Older adults do not know that they can be at risk of having sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and herpes.
You should take good care of yourself, remain healthy, eat well-balanced diet and avoid smoking as well as consuming alcohol. Visit your private doctor at Harley Street Clinic in London for routine checkups to enjoy contented sexual life.