What Are Good Dental Care Habits?
Our teeth and gums are important and we should pay good attention to them. We should clean and maintain them on a regular basis so that they never pose risks or bring diseases. It’s always advisable to follow good dental care habits to keep illnesses and other risks away and enjoy a healthy life. After all, healthy teeth leads to healthy life.
Not following good dental care habits may lead plaque and bacteria to cause lots of damage to your teeth and gums. This can lead to gradual tooth decay and gum inflammation, and we know this can dent facial charms and fade the value of smile a great deal. Thus, you should know dental care habits and then follow them on a regular basis.
Here are good dental care habits to follow –
- You should brush daily and do it twice a day
- Brushing in the morning is as important as it’s in evening before hitting the bed
- Try to brush after every meal to keep the risk of plaque and bacteria away
- Brushing should be gentle and thorough so that its benefits reach to the inner parts as well
- Give at least 3-4 minutes for brushing on each occasion and don’t do things in a rush
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles only as hard ones can make the enamel and tooth surface wear down
- Never use a toothbrush for more than three months
- Consider changing the brush if you have used it during illness
- Always use a toothpaste rich in fluoride to minimize the risks associated with cavities
- Never use water to wash the mouth and rather prefer mouthwash to give the fluoride-rich paste to act for more time
- Do floss regularly, and do it once a day for sure
- Not flossing means food particles stuck between teeth won’t come out and stay there to form plaque
- Clean the tongue on a regular basis and use a tongue scraper for the same purpose
- Get a proper diet prepared from either health expert or the dentist
- Never drink too much of tea or coffee as often stain the teeth
- Stay away from whisky, wine, flavoured juices and carbonated drinks as they are bad for your teeth and gums
- Consume more of dairy products as they enrich the body with calcium and potassium
- Don’t eat citric foods as they have acids and can harm your teeth and gums a great deal
- Always see a dentist when you face toothache of any nature or variety
- Seek medical help with red, swollen or bleeding gums
- Never ignore your teeth’s sensitivity to either cold or hold
- Visit the dentist if you experience even a slight change in the alignment of your teeth
- Don’t ignore the case of bad breath
- Eat only those items that are helpful for your dental health
- Drink more water on a regular basis to wash away bacteria and plaque and keep the teeth healthy
In overall, dental health is something should take seriously to live a happy and confident life.
2,675 total views, 2 views today