Did you know? People who snore persistently are at 5 times more risk of suffering from hypertension and other cardiac diseases. Snoring is a so-called habit that is considered extremely normal due to its regular occurrence during several people’s sleep. It could be common, but that does not necessarily mean that snoring is normal. Snoring can be a result or an indication of a group of sleep disorders and health diseases. In terms of sleep disorders, it could cause sleep apnea and other breathing complications during sleep that can completely ruin your sleep cycle. Sleep apnea results to finding difficulty in breathing while sleeping. Such sleep disorders only result in fatigue, loss of energy, crankiness and overall lethargy. In the long run, it could lead to mood disorders, depression and anxiety.
Snoring does require your attention as it can have adverse effects. In this article, you will be learning how to tackle with your snoring for good. If you snore, stop its occurrences with the help of several anti-snoring options that will guide you through combating this annoying sleep disruption. Snoring is mainly caused in the form of a loud sound that occurs when air flow enables the throat muscles to vibrate. At night, during sleep, our throat muscles tend to relax. This phenomenon hinders smooth air flow through the nostrils. Snores can come out of your mouth, nose or both. It all depends on the throat muscles and the positioning of the tongue. It can occur in any stage of your sleep. Why snore? Stop them instantly to get a good night’s sleep. We will tell you how:
If you like the home remedies then there are several of these solutions for snoring-
- One of the most common remedies is the use of peppermint, due to its anti-inflammatory nature. Gargle a glass of water with a few drops of peppermint oil, without swallowing. Make sure you follow this every day.
- For the same reason as peppermint, olive oil can be used as well. Take two or three sips of olive oil before you hit the sack. It ensures that the throat muscles remain intact during the course of your sleep. You can also mix it with a tad bit of honey.
- If you experience snoring due to nasal congestion which is a result of cold or flu, resort to steam without any doubt. Make sure you add an essential oil such as tea tree to it for maximum results.
- Another very effective home fix for snoring is mixing half a teaspoon of cardamom with one glass of warm water. It facilitates free air passage.
- Finally, the great healing ingredient that is found in every single kitchen: turmeric. Turmeric is known for its medicinal properties. Have some turmeric powder with a glass of warm milk before you sleep.
If you follow these tips regularly, you will see a huge difference in your snoring habits and a better sleep cycle. Snore? Stop!
215 total views, 2 views today