An obstetrician or gynecologist is a doctor who is specialized in obstetrics and gynecology. Obstetrician offers medical and surgical care to women and also has proficiency in pregnancy, childbirth, and other reproductive system disorders. The obstetrician treats a broad range of conditions that are related to pregnancy and childbirth. They also treat some common condition such as hormonal imbalances, urinary tract infections, cervical cancer, and other reproductive health issues. Read this article to know more about OB/GYN.
Role of OB/GYN doctor during Pregnancy
OB/GYN sub-specialize in GYN Oncology, infertility, Pediatric gynecology, reproductive endocrinology or maternal-fetal medicine. The responsibilities that OB/GYN doctors perform during pregnancy are mentioned below:
- Monitor you and your baby after delivery
- Give advice on pains, complications
- Provide you a healthy diet plan
- Comprehend the postpartum physical changes
- Perform different prenatal testing that includes blood and urine tests
- Use proper equipment and technology to treat any complications related to pregnancy
- Provide advice on numerous mental, physical, emotional changes that occur in your body
- Do fetal monitoring that includes kick counts, electronic fetal monitoring, and ultrasounds
Why Visit an OB/GYN doctor?
OB/GYN’s doctors are important to all women even if you are not pregnant as reproductive disorders can occur in any age groups. They can work in hospitals or can have private clinics and can also teach in university hospitals. Some reasons explicate the reasons that why you should visit an OB/GYNs doctors so let’s take a look at few of them
- When any woman a reaches an age of menopause, then they feel many changes in their body on a daily basis. OB/GYN’s doctors basically educate you about the hormonal therapies and various supplements that can be used to treat menopause symptoms to make sure that pelvic organs and tissues are in perfect shape during the annual OB/GYN exams.
- A woman can ask queries about the sexual activity, nutrition, sexual activity, and exercise.
- The OB/GYN doctors also address other problems related to women health during the various test and exams.
- The OB/GYN doctors also do some routine breast exams and also teach the patient about how to screen for some irregular breast tissues and suspicious lumps.
- A woman can discuss the wide range of birth control options during their annual visits with an obstetrician. Every woman uses different birth control measure as when body changes then the birth control measures that you have used earlier may have some undesirable effects on your body.
- A woman can ask questions about the sexual activity, nutrition, exercise, sexual activity during their OB/GYN exams. OB/GYN doctors address all the issues related to women health and keep the women up-to-date about birth control options, immunizations and also some other medical news related to female health.
- The obstetrician performs Pap test that is performed when a woman reaches an age of the age. The woman will be asked to return for a pap test if they suffer from any demonstrating symptoms.
- During the Pap test, the doctors usually take some small sample of cells from the opening of the cervix during pap tests. The cells are analyzed for various abnormalities to identify potential cancer risk.
The annual visit with the obstetrician promotes the general well-being and also the comfort of your reproductive health. If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or having some reproductive problems then consult an OB/GYN doctors during pregnancy for the healthy delivery of your baby.
This article includes information on obstetrician. Read more to more about the role and responsibilities of obstetrician.