This dish is comforting and warm, great for the winter days. Potatoes and smoked salmon were meant to be together.
Yields: 4 Portions
Ingredients for Potato Gnocchi with Smoked Salmon :
- 7 oz. of diced Smoked Salmon
- 2 lb. of Potatoes
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup of Milk Flour
- 1 bunch of minced Parsley
- 1 clove of thinly sliced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil Salt Pepper
Method of Preparation Potato Gnocchi with Smoked Salmon:
- Start by carefully washing the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Peel them and set them aside to cool.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, add the egg and salt and a little of the flour. Knead on a flat surface sprinkled with flour, until you have a soft workable dough. Add flour as needed, to achieve a smooth dough.
- Break off a piece of the dough and roll into a snake shape with the diameter of about ¼ inches. Using a tsp, cut the roll into ¼ inch chunks. Slightly press the gnocchi with your finger or press with a fork.
- Place the gnocchi onto a floured tray. Repeat step 5 until all the dough has been used.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Process 3.5 oz. of the salmon and milk with a hand held blender.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a pan on high heat. Add the creamy salmon mixture to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and the remaining smoked salmon. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add salt to the pot of boiling water and then the gnocchi. As the gnocchi begin to float to the top, remove them with a slotted spoon to drain the liquid and transfer them to the large pan containing the cooked salmon.
- Add the creamy salmon mixture, most of the parsley and pepper to the gnocchi.
- Heat on high for a couple of minutes and serve hot, garnished with the remaining parsley.
138 total views, 2 views today