At present mobile app development is at its peak, with a lot of developers jumping on the bandwagon to cash in on this lucrative field. Handling different programming languages and operating systems has become one of the major problem faced by developers across the globe. Depending on the system, the developer would then create the app using a corresponding language. At the end of the procedure, the professional or a recognized mobile app development company is left with a copy of their app written in two or more different languages. This was the norm, until and unless frameworks become an important part of development.
In the present world of technology innovation and digital transformation, a professional can easily create a mobile app for both Android and iOS using one of the many different frameworks available across the globe. The trick is picking the right one. In the following post, we will be discussing how the below-mentioned frameworks such as PhoneGap, Ionic, react native ease the procedure of mobile app development.
I strongly believe that a framework is the base of your future application. Its usage greatly simplifies the whole development process. So, instead of writing an application from scratch and dealing with large portions of code just to make your application work on different platforms-simply make use of the framework. Here I would like to mention amazing frameworks that can be used well, for theoretical as well as practical use.
- Fast- The strong and robust back-end ensures that apps being created are super-fast and do not lack in any terms.
- Cheap-Since Cordova being an open source framework, one doesn’t require to pay any money to download and run the software.
- Native Hardware- It allows access to native hardware components, which means that the apps run with a native look and feel.
Ionic also provides a powerful CLI, this is something that not only creates a project with a simple command but also allows developers to add plugins and additional packages that allows push notifications, generate app icons and Splash screens, and build native binaries.
- Free- Ionic is an open source project at MIT and has been designed by a worldwide community.
- Fully cross-platform- Ionic is such a framework that follows “write once, run anywhere philosophy.” This means apps written on Ionic can be run on multiple operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry.
- Performance- Ionic places a special focus on performance, by leveraging hardware and requires no additional third-party JS applications.
Owing to its simplicity, jQuery Mobile is a great mobile framework to create cross-platform apps for platforms such as regular desktop, smartphone, tablet, or an e-reader device like Nook or Kindle. JQuery mobile built on top of solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation is a great foundation used to develop apps, mobile, and web, to run seamlessly with unique user experience across mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
- Cross-Platform and Cross-Device- Focusing on write less and do more, the framework has a track record of creating high-end apps on multiple operating systems but also for multiple devices including smartphones, desktops, tablets, etc.
On and all,
PhoneGap, Ionic, and other frameworks make developing a custom mobile app more accessible and relatively less expensive than developing in a specific mobile operating system’s native coding language. Therefore, making the right choice is of utmost importance.