In the coming months, Google will be deprecating the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress.
According to the mail sent by google to the user’s using Official AdSense Plugin for WordPress will be deprecated in May 2017. You will no longer be able to edit your ad settings and ad units directly through the AdSense Plugin. Your existing ad units will keep showing ads but you won’t be able to make any changes.
Now, what should you do?
For a better user experience on your site and to be able to make changes to your ad units, we recommend you follow these steps:
1. Back up your WordPress site.
2. Deactivate the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress (and remove existing AdSense ads).
3. Choose one of the options below to continue showing AdSense ads:
Option 1: Show ads with QuickStart
Let AdSense place ads on your site automatically by connecting your site with a simple code snippet, “page-level ad code“. Once you put this code on your page, you only need to flick a switch in AdSense and ads will start to appear automatically.
You’ll need to use another WordPress plugin to edit the <head> section of your WordPress site template.
Know here How to use QuickStart
Option 2: Show custom AdSense ads
Create and place your own ad units by inserting ad units through the WordPress widgets.
To do this, you’ll need to create text widgets in WordPress and copy and paste your ad unit codes into these widgets.
5. Remove the official AdSense plugin completely.
6. Optional: To keep using the Google Search Console, make sure you verify your site.
1,254 total views, 2 views today