The advancement of technology has brought out revolutionary change in every business aspect. Nothing is untouched when it comes to the advanced technology. VPS server is among them. VPS, which stands for virtual private server is a virtual machine. Running its own copy of an operating system, it has become the next step after a user has outgrown shared hosting. Businesses opt for the VPS server due to 3 basic reasons:
- providing much greater control over the hosted environment
- allowing the user to run their own scripts and software
- providing more resources and processing power
Who can use VPS Hosting?
If a startup owner is looking out for dedicated hosting, but he is not technically acquainted, VPS hosting is the right option for him. He can try it as it is suitable for his business and increasing his skills without investing too much.
Benefits of VPS server
Largely, you can enjoy a whole lot of benefits by hosting your site on a virtual private server. These include:
- More affordable than a full dedicated hosting plan
- It can be customized according to your needs
- It gives you the option to pay for what you want
- Minimum amount of resources required
- You have a lot more control over your VPS server than you do with shared hosting
- Have root access and the ability to use scripts
- You enjoy the same technical support as with shared hosting for most issues
What can you do with a VPS server?
A VPS server is used for the following:
- Contacts the Gaps: A VPS contacts the gap between dedicated hosting services and shared web hosting services. It is less expensive than a dedicated server. It enables you to install any software running on its OS. It allows you to update testing for insecure public services.
- Running a website: If you choose the VPS server, you can run and access your website on custom software. The software is developed to meet your specific needs. The server is usually designed for business entities, companies and enterprises.
- Backup mail exchange: This newly designed server is created to support all sorts of messaging system such as a mail-server an email program (e-mail client), and groupware applications. Mainly, it is designed for business settings.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Virtual Private Network is a type of network that uses a public telecommunication infrastructure. For example, it uses the internet for providing remote offices or individual users with safe and secure access to their company’s network.
- Domain Name server (DNS): Domain name server is an identification label. It defines a sphere of administrative autonomy, control or authority in the web-based system.
- Reselling Shared Hosting: When it comes to website hosting, shared hosting seems to be another term. In it, the service provider can provide you many pages for different websites. And each website has its own internet domain name. But they will run on a single website-server.
VPS web hosting is one of the newer forms of web hosting. It has gained immense popularity. If you think VPS server is the right solution for you, you should look for a company that offers VPS server. The easiest way to find such company is online. So, look for a company, and experience the benefits of VPS server.