Do you want to stay and work in Canada for the rest of your life? If so, you should apply for permanent residency in Canada. It is important to know that a new immigrant is required to become a permanent resident before he or she becomes a citizen after 3 to 4 years.
Applying for a visa
If you don’t have a family in Canada, you need to apply for permanent residence in Canada. There are two ways for this.
- You can apply through PNP, e. a Provincial Government Program. In Canada, each province has been given the power to select immigrants. But, it is important to know that every different province has their own set of rules and regulations.
- Another way is to apply through the Express Entry Program. It is the program of the Federal government.
Depending on the province and the type of application, it may take one year. However, during the application process, you can stay study and work in Canada.
If you choose the Express Entry System for permanent residency in Canada, you will have two steps to be assessed.
- You require qualifying any one of the three federal programs. These federal programs include the Canadian Experience Program, the Federal Skilled Worker program, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- On qualifying one of the programs, you would require registering to get into the “pool” of candidates who are waiting to apply. You will be given the rank by a pool system. Once you get the highest ranks, you will be eligible for submitting the application form.
- Remember, if you don’t achieve the highest rank, you should not apply.
Eligibility Criteria under the Express Entry System
There are some eligibility criteria you need to qualify under Permanent Resident Express Entry. The main factors in the ranking system include:
- Your age
- Your application should be approved by the Provincial go.vernment,
- Or you should have an approved job offer in Canada.
- The language skills are assessed using a language test. You should qualify the general version (not the academic version) of the IELTS. It is the most common English test used
- Education (a Canadian agency assesses the Canadian equivalency of your education).
- Your total work experience in Canada
Getting permanent residency in Canada and citizenship is not easy. It is more complicated than you might have anticipated. You may need to hire an immigration lawyer who can assist you in filling application for permanent residence in Canada.
Most probably, the consultancy fee of experienced lawyer for an hour can be around CAD$370 to CAD$ 375. However, the lawyer’s fee may vary depending on their experiences and the issues to be discussed. The total legal fees to go through the entire process from beginning to the end may start at C$3,500. It again depends on the type of case and the complication.
Law Firms in Canada
There are many law firms in Canada that can help you for permanent residency in Canada. The benefit of hiring a law firm instead of immigration consulting firms is that law firms can handle all the cases in case of any legal complications. Instead, if you hire a consultant, he won’t be able to provide you the complete assistance in case of any legal issues.
Source – Pinterest
Since you want to stay in Canada for the rest of your life, it is good to find the best immigration law firm. You can find them online. Make a list of the top firms, and talk to them. Know about their service, and fees. Professional lawyers give answers to their client’s every question.