It is an old saying that a cup of tea makes everything better. And that is true. People need a hot cup of tea if they are sad, or if they are happy. They need it when it rains and when it is sultry hot outside. They need it early in the morning and even in the midnight. But have you ever thought where did tea come from?
Originally Tea came from Southwest China where it was being consumed like a medicine. It later got popular as a recreational beverage and spread to other countries. It was in the 16th century that tea got introduced to Europe and later in the 17th century British started up large-scale commercialization of Tea surpassing the Chinese monopoly.
There are so many kinds of teas available. Few of the categories are Green Tea, Herbal Tea, Oolong tea, Black Tea and Yellow Tea. One cup of tea daily can improve your health significantly as these are loaded with a number of benefits.
Listed below are the top 10 benefits of tea:
- Promotes cardiovascular health – Black Tea Australia is known to repair the damaged coronary arteries and reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems. It also reduces the risk of heart stroke and heart attack.
- Improve digestion – Tea has a soothing effect on the digestive process of humans. Many digestive disorders can be cured with tea.
- Enhances the immunity – Teas when blended with a number of other herbs such as ginger and cardamom can be really beneficial to enhance the immunity of the person and also protects from a common cough and cold.
- Relief to asthmatic patients – People who are suffering from Asthma get relieved from the brewed beverages. Hot tea can help in expanding the air passage and facilitates easy breathing.
- Rich in Antioxidants – The antioxidants present in the tea can help the body to remain young and avert any kind of damage to the body.
- Aids in weight loss – yes you read that right! There are various kinds of teas which help in losing oodles of weight. Green Tea is one such miracle drink which can help one to lose weight.
- Calorie-free beverage – if you do not add sugar and milk, you can enjoy the beverage. You can add some cinnamon sticks or cardamom or ginger and enjoy the brewed tea. With this calorie-free beverage, you can enjoy the benefits of other condiments as well.
- Reduction in tooth decay – If you want to smile brightly every day then drink tea. As per the research,consumption of tea can help in preventing cavities and the preserving the tooth enamel.
- Less caffeine content – Herbal tea has no caffeine content while the classical tea has almost 50% less caffeine as compared to coffee. This means that there would be 50% less impact on your nervous system.
- Prevention of Type II diabetes – Green Tea or the herbal tea is known to prevent the onset of type II diabetes. Green Tea is rich in antioxidants and helps the body immensely.