The Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the national level engineering and architecture entrance exam in the month of April 2018. Joint Entrance Examination (Main) can be taken by the candidates who have completed their 12th class in 2016, 2017 or those two are appearing in 2018.
The entrance exam will have 2 separate papers as described-
- Paper 1- It is organized for engineering admissions. This paper is held both online and offline Mode of the exam has to selected by the candidates while filling the application form
- Paper 2- It is organized for architecture admissions. This paper is held in offline mode only.
New in the entrance exam –
- Aadhaar card is a compulsory document in order to apply for the entrance exam.
- Earlier, it was announced that NEET will be the only exam for engineering entrance but later on it was put on hold, JEE will be conducted for engineering and architecture admissions.
- Online application forms for the entrance exam will commence in the month of December 2017
- The last date to upload the images to remove errors falls in the month of February 2018
- Application form correction starts in the month of January 2018
- Closing of correction window falls in the month of February 2018
- Admit card for the entrance exam will release in the month of March 2018
- Entrance exam will be held in the month of April 2018
- Result will be declared in the month of May 2018
The eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is as-
- Age limit- The candidate should have born on or after 1st October 1993 and that belonging to a reserved category should have born on or after 1st October 1990.
- Qualifications- Candidate must have passed 12th class in 2016 or 2017 or is appearing in class 12th. The candidates who have a compartment in 12th class are not eligible for appearing in the entrance exam.
- Subjects in the qualifying exam- The candidates should have qualified at least 5 subjects in the qualifying exams i.e. in 12th class or equivalent.
- A number of attempts- The candidates can appear in maximum 3 attempts in the JEE mains exam 2018.
- The application form for the entrance exam will be released in the month of December 2017.
- The candidates will have to fill the application form and get verified at the time of admission and if there is any kind of differences found, the candidate will stand rejected, so the application form for the entrance exam should be filled in with due care by the candidate.
- After entering the details in the application form, the candidates will have to pay the application fees as per the category and paper they are appearing for.
- Candidate can submit only one application form.
The selection of the date of the exam, test center city, and language of the question paper will be done at the time of filling the application form.
135 total views, 2 views today