This is an architecture entrance exam for providing admissions to the 5 years graduation degree of Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Planning courses at various institutes, colleges and universities. This entrance exam is conducted only in paper and pen mode. Candidates who have applied and cleared paper 1 of Joint Entrance Exam are the candidates who get eligible to appear in JEE MAIN paper 2 of the entrance exam. Application fee for both the papers is separate. A candidate is allowed to appear for 3 times in the entrance exam. The registration for the paper 2 will be done with the registration of paper 1 only. The paper is likely to be held in the first week of April 2018 throughout India. The result for the paper 1 will be announced in shorter span of time as compared to the result of paper 2.
- The general category candidates must have been born on or after 1st October 1993 and the reserved candidates should have born on or after 1st October 1987
- The candidates must have cleared 12th class examination with the minimum of five subjects out of which mandatory subjects is Physics and Mathematics. Optional subjects are Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or Technical Vocational.
- Candidates should have cleared 12th class with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate and reserved candidates with minimum of 40% marks in aggregate
- Candidates appearing in the 12th class examination are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
The entrance exam will be divided in 3 sections namely mathematics, aptitude test and drawing.
- Section 1- Mathematics will be comprised of 30 questions carrying 120 marks
- Section 2- Aptitude Test will be comprised of 50 questions carrying 200 marks
- Section 3- Drawing will be comprised of 2 questions carrying 70 marks.
The admit card for the entrance exam will be issued to only those candidates who have successfully submitted their application forms and made the payment of the fee for the application form. The application form for the entrance exam will be issued on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website of the exam conducting authority. The admit card of the candidate will be a mandatory document to be carried along to the examination hall as no candidate without the admit card will be allowed to appear in the entrance exam without the admit card.
The result for the entrance exam will be issued on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The candidates will be able to check their results on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The result could be checked by the candidate with the help of application number and password that was allotted to the candidate while the process of application was done. Candidates are advised to download the result of the entrance exam for future reference.