This recipe is loaded with flavor, but the blue cheese gives it a little something extra. Try serving it with classic mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
Serving: 6 servings
Ingredients for Blue Cheese Turkey Meatloaf Recipe:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
8 ounces of mushrooms, chopped fine
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1/4 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup of panko
6 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
2 pounds of ground turkey
1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
1 shallot, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation Blue Cheese Turkey Meatloaf:
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and cook the mushrooms, garlic, and onions over medium-high heat for about minutes. The mushrooms should be browned.
3. Stir in the red pepper flakes and sauté an additional minute.
4. Add the Worcestershire sauce and chicken stock. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Combine the egg, panko, mushroom mixture, and the blue cheese in large mixing bowl.
6. Fold in the turkey. Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
7. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape and set it on a baking sheet.
8. Pour the tomato sauce over the loaf. Place the shallots on top, overlapping.
9. Bake for 70 minutes.
1,025 total views, 2 views today